Annual Appeal Donations
Domestic violence is a leading cause of homelessness among survivors because there is no safe home for them to return to. They have been uprooted from their families, support systems, and homes. In 2021 WAVI provided 15,579 free of charge services to 2,622 victims of domestic violence and sexual assault and sheltered 841 women, men, and children for a total of 9,039 days.
WAVI provides emergency-safe shelter to these homeless individuals and families and works to assist them in becoming self-sufficient by addressing immediate and long-term needs. We offer longer-term crisis management to promote healing and sustainability. Our services are provided at no cost to our clients, including 24-hour emergency shelter, crisis line and crisis management, comprehensive case management, court advocacy, support groups, emergency department response, supportive services, information, and referrals. All of this work is possible because of our donors and our community. Without that help, our success would look very different.
Winston Churchill once said, "We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give." Your financial gift to WAVI provides education, safety, resources, and hope to the families we serve today, and the ability to build a life that is healthy, happy and free from violence, tomorrow.
With your support, help us raise $200,000 to complete Project WAVI RISE, our expansion project that will allow us to meet the increasing requests for safe shelter, education, and resources. Thank you for helping us fund our new addition and ensuring that we will never have to deny a survivor the safe shelter, resources, and support they deserve.
Ways your donations help change lives
- $50 - Provides a fresh set of clothing to a sexual assualt victim when they check in to the shelter.
- $100 - Provides education to 50 individuals about healthy relationships, and what to do if they or someone they know is hurt or abused.
- $150 - Gives a night without violence in WAVI’s shelter for a family of four.
- $200 - Provides socks and shoes for 7 people.
- $500 - Prints 300 Survivor’s Handbooks, given to every WAVI client with resources on the dynamics of violence & rape, safety planning, and helping a child cope.
- $1000 - Ensures that WAVI will have staff to answer our crisis hotlines 24 hours a day for four days.
Shelter Wish List
- NEW Twin and Full sized sheets sets and quilts
- NEW bed pillows
- NEW sports bras and underwear, all sizes
- NEW white, grey, navy, or black tee shirts, all sizes
- NEW white, grey, navy, or black sweat pants, all sizes
- NEW white, grey, navy, or black hoodies, all sizes
- NEW athletic socks, all sizes
- NEW black leggings , all sizes
- NEW white, grey, navy, or black basketball shorts, all sizes
- NEW Tennis shoes or slides, all sizes
- NEW bath towels and wash cloths
- NEW full sized shampoo and conditioner
- Gift Cards, Rapid Ride Bus tickets, phone cards
All items may be dropped off at WAVI. Please call to make arrangements
527 Quincy Street, Rapid City, SD 57701 605.341.3292